5 summer makeup favourites



Although I haven't been doing my makeup very often this summer, I've still been trying to find time to try out new products or do a full face once a week for fun! I thought I'd share some of the things I've been getting a lot of use out of and loving lately!



Nothing says summer more than freckles and this product has been so fun to play with! I was a little scared that faux freckles were gonna look unnatural on me but these look super subtle and realistic which I love!  I have the shades 01 (matches my natural freckles) and 02 (slightly darker than my natural freckles) and both work for me! The application is very easy, although a little messy so I suggest draping a towel over your clothes before applying. I pat them out a bit with a sponge for a more subtle look and I'm obsessed!



Last summer when I got to visit Ulta for the first time I knew I had to pick this product up! I love a glossy eye look and this product is so perfect for that! I have the shade Fleshpot which is peach with flecks of gold and pink shimmer. This looks so gorgeous when paired with a dewy base and peachy blush for the perfect summer look! I don't find that it feels sticky on the eyelids but I don't suggest wearing this with any other eyeshadow or it will crease! I don't really mind that it can't be worn with other shadows though cause it looks gorgeous when worn by itself!



I couldn't do a summer favourites without including an spf! I go through phases where I either love this sunscreen or hate it and currently I'm loving it! It has a very silicone-like texture which some people may not be a fan of but I find that's what makes it work so well under foundation! I do a really simple skincare routine when wearing this just to make sure nothing pills and it gives a really dewy finish to the skin which I love! It's spf 40, a chemical sunscreen, and leaves no whitecast at all!


This was the launch I was most looking forward to this summer because I'm a huge Fenty Beauty fan and I love cream blushes! I picked up two shades, Petal Poppin (a soft baby pink) and Strawberry Drip (a soft coral pink). I really love both shades and find them both to be super wearable because they apply pretty sheer to the cheeks but can be built up. I get the most wear out of Petal Poppin but Strawberry Drip is perfect for that faux sunburnt look! I really like to wear these under the Pseudo Labs Faux Freckles for a cute summer makeup look!




I have been wanting these two highlighters since they first launched and I'm so excited to finally have them in my collection! I actually picked them up to use as eyeshadows because the colours are a little bold for a highlighter but make super fun eyeshadows! I think these shades are so fun for summer and I've been getting a lot of wear out of them! 7daywknd looks gorgeous all over the lid and Mint'd Mojito is great for an inner corner pop!

I think this is the perfect time to have fun and experiment with your makeup because no one will see it anyways haha. I'd love to know what products you've been loving for summer and if you've tried anything new with your makeup!

Xx Taylor

(some links are affiliate so I do earn a small commission if you choose to shop through them <3)

Comments