a full review of kylie skin


I recently got a chance to test out some Kylie Skin products that were kindly sent to me and was super excited! I know there are a lot of mixed opinions and reviews regarding this skincare line so I tried to go into this with an open mind so I could form my own opinions about the products and judge everything for myself so here are my thoughts on everything!

The products are all cruelty free, vegan, paraben free, gluten free, sulfate free, and dermatologist tested which I really like! The entire Kylie Skin Set retails for $125 and comes with six products! It is a little cheaper to buy the set then to purchase each product individually. I don't think that's a bad price at all for that many products considering you can spend that amount on a single skincare product often. I would say her skincare line is great for beginners who are just starting out with skincare considering there aren't any more active products that target specific skin issues (other than the vitamin c). 





This is the product that I have the most mixed opinions on. It's a very foamy cleanser that can be used to remove makeup or just on a bare face. I like that it doesn't leave the skin feeling stripped at all! There's still a nice layer of hydration on my skin after using this! It has a light fragrance which I don't love (it's a very clean scent) but I also don't mind it. 

I usually use this as a first cleanse when I have makeup on since it does do a pretty good job of removing makeup (even mascara)! I definitely need to follow up with a second cleanse, but I do this with every cleanser. My only problem with this cleanser is that it feels a bit tingly and itchy on the skin. It doesn't cause any irritation or redness (other then if you get it in your eyes) but it  does feel a bit uncomfortable. I've heard a few other people talk about this as well so I'm assuming it comes from one of the ingredients. 



My favourite product from this skincare collection! I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this toner because usually I'm not a  big fan of fragrance in skincare. I tend to be really sensitive to scents but this one doesn't bother me at all! I actually really love the soft vanilla fragrance! 

This is one of the thickest toners I've ever tried! I think it's kind of similar to the Laneige Cream Skin Toner so if you're a fan of that one I think you'd also enjoy this! It absorbs really nicely into the skin and leaves it feeling hydrated and prepped for the rest of my skincare! I also love how dewy and plump it leaves my skin! Would highly recommend this toner and will definitely be repurchasing in the future!



I'm a sucker for a good vitamin c serum and this one is a winner for  me! I haven't used a vitamin c serum with a texture quite like this one ever. It's very thick and hydrating but feels super lightweight when applied to the skin. I like that this hydrates and brightens at the same time and it wears really nicely under makeup! It leaves my skin super glowy and has slowly been brightening up my skin. I don't think the vitamin c concentration is really high enough to get rid of my dark spots from acne scarring but overall I think it's nice!

There's no artificial fragrance listed in the ingredients list but it does have a light scent to it. Again, I really don't mind the scent of this at all as it disappears pretty quickly!  


This is such a perfect daytime moisturizer! It's lightweight, absorbs nicely and wears well under makeup! This is a very nice simple, fuss-free moisturizer that does it's job and leave the skin feeling moisturized and soft. It's fragrance free although I do notice a very light scent from the other ingredients, but it's barely noticeable. I have used this as a nighttime moisturizer but don't find it as hydrating as others I'm used to so I prefer to use it in the daytime. My only complaint about this is that the pump applicator can be a little finicky and can take a while to pump out, but other than that it's a great moisturizer!



Eye Cream $20

I tend to be pretty picky about eye creams since my eyes are super sensitive but I'm happy to say that this one doesn't cause any irritation! I'm not a big fan of the applicator because I find it's a bit unsanitary and the product gets clogged in it easily. I've just been using my fingers to apply it which I find works best! This eye cream is different from anything I've tried before because it's very yellow in colour. I find that the colour helps a lot to brighten up the under eye area by masking dark circles. I don't notice lasting brightening effects, but that can be really hard to find in an eye cream so as long as it's hydrating and irritation-free, I'm happy! 



Possibly the most controversial product of 2019?? There was a lot of negative reviews when this product came out because physical scrubs aren't the best for your face and can actually do a lot of damage. I personally avoid physical scrubs and stick to chemical exfoliators because micro tears scare me, but I did try this scrub out twice so I could give you my thoughts. I do think in general the scrub is pretty gentle because whatever the walnut particles are suspended in is super moisturizing. I applied it onto very wet skin and it still did feel pretty rough on my skin even when using very light pressure. I won't be using this on my face again but I probably will use it on my body. I just don't think your skin needs that much physical exfoliation because AHAs (or other chemical exfoliants) can do a much better, safer job.


I'm not a makeup wipes person at all because I just don't think they do a good enough job by themselves. The only time I actually use makeup wipes is at the gym just to wipe down if I don't have time to shower afterwards. I did try these out on my eye makeup though and thought they did a decent job, just not as good as a micellar water or cleansing balm. The wipes are pretty soft and gentle which I like and don't really have a strong or noticeable scent! I would have preferred if she had come out with a micellar water type makeup remover because they're a lot less wasteful and just do a better job in general. 


Overall I'm actually pretty impressed with Kylie Skin and found a lot of new products that will definitely be staying in my routine! I think this skincare line is similar to Glossier's because the products are pretty simple but still effective! They're also priced similarly! My favourites and things I definitely recommend are the Vanilla Milk Toner, the Vitamin C Serum, the Face Moisturizer, and the Eye Cream! The Foaming Cleanser is kind of in the middle for me but if you're interested in trying it I'd say go for it! The only passes for me are the Walnut Face Scrub and the Makeup Removing Wipes but I don't normally use products like those anyways. 

Hopefully you found this helpful and are maybe inspired to give Kylie Skin a chance! 

xx

(products were gifted but all opinions are my own)



Comments