best of 2021: skincare edition

 


2021 felt like both the longest and shortest year ever but along the way I discovered some really great skincare products! There were lots of great launches (Make Beauty and the Ouai x Byredo collab) plus a lot of others that weren't as well received (aka the excess of celebrity skincare lines). After trying 100s of products (literally) I've put together a list of my top picks of 2021!

c l e a n s e r s



This was one of my favourite launches of 2021! I actually love all of Versed's cleansers but this one is incredible! Super great for dry sensitive skin or for the winter time. I loved using this as a morning cleanse.





This was my go-to cleanser in the summer time cause it left my skin feeling clean and refreshed without stripping it. It has a slight minty scent that I didn't think I would like but ended up loving! It's only $10 as well so a great affordable option! Ps you can get 10% off your Versed order with my code LILYYTAY10.


I'm super picky about cleansing balms and this one was everything that I look for! Gentle and hydrating, unscented, easily removes makeup, no residue (easy to wash off), and doesn't sting the eyes!



This has been on my favourites list for 2 or 3 years in a row now because it's just that good! It's the perfect simple everyday cleanser and I love the fresh scent of it.


t o n e r s

I feel like this essence is going to be on everyone who's tried it 2021 favourites list. Make Beauty really was the brand of the year and they've had so many great launches, this being one of the top ones! It's a milky hydrating essence that feels so gentle and nourishing on the skin.


This is my go-to product whenever my skin needs a little TLC. It's a great exfoliant but still is gentle enough to use multiple times per week!


The Cosrx Cica line has just been so good for my skin! This is the perfect hydrating everyday toner. It's great for sensitive skin (and all other skin types tbh). Just a good skincare staple.


I think I have a toner type and it's hydrating and gentle toners. This one from Glow Recipe deserves all the hype it gets cause it's just the perfect everyday exfoliant and my skin loved it!


s e r u m s



This was a serum I was sad to finish up because not only is the packaging super cute but it's also a great everyday hydrating serum. Definitely on the pricey side for a hydrating serum but it was a nice treat-yourself product.



I'm super picky about vitamin c serums and this one was pretty much perfect for me. The texture was really nice because it was hydrating but not oily and layered well with other skincare products. The only thing I didn't love about it was the scent but it wasn't super noticeable.



An unexpected favourite! This is a super unique product because it has all the benefits of an oil but feels like a serum! Highly recommend trying it out!



I was really impressed by this Make Beauty serum because it just feels so luxe! It's a beautiful creamy hydrating serum and it has some great ingredients!


m o i s t u r i z e r s


Both of YTTP's moisturizers are incredible and this one is the perfect texture for summer! It's a light gel-cream with a fresh scent (like the cleanser).


This has a texture that's kind of in between a gel-cream and a regular moisturizer! I also really love the Cosrx Propolis collection!


e y e  c r e a m



My tried and true eye cream favourite! Nothing else is quite as good! No eye irritation, it's hydrating, and it actually helps with my dark circles.

An honorary mention goes to Glossier Bubblewrap but its been discontinued RIP :(


m a s k s  &  t r e a t m e n t s



This is perfection in a tub. Such a unique almost pudding-like texture? But it's so perfect to lock in hydration overnight and soothe the skin!


I love a good detox mask and this was one of the best I've tried this year! Great for calming the skin when it's freaking out!



I finally understand all the hype about this face mask! I like to use this overnight when my skin needs some extra hydration and it leaves it feeling so soft and moisturized!


l i p  p r o d u c t s



The best lip mask ever! I tried the Peach Iced Tea flavour this year and its become a new favourite! The Gummy Bear flavour is also really good!



If you're looking for a good everyday lip product this one is really nice! So comfortable on the lips (no stickiness) and I love the chunky doe-foot applicator! The new tinted version is lovely as well!



One of my favourite launches of 2021! Similar formula to the Kylie Skin lip oil (aka super comfortable with no stickiness) but it comes in 5 different shades that give the prettiest subtle tint to the lips!


b o d y  c a r e


This is such a great affordable body wash! The rose scent is amazing and the formula is really nice as well!



This is a great treat yourself body wash because it feels super luxe and smells incredible!


Ouai just really kills it with their hair and body products! This one I used as a body oil but I love that it's multipurpose! Smells so good!



The most luxe body scrub I've ever used! Same scent as the Rose Hair & Body Oil so they pair really nicely together!

Fur Oil $46

This is one of those products that you don't realize you need until you start using it! I've been using it for years now and it's an essential in my routine because it helps so much with ingrown hairs! It also lasts super long so that definitely justifies the price!


A really great body cream! It's thick enough to use in the wintertime and I love that the packaging is reusable (it becomes a travel coffee mug afterwards)!



This was definitely an unexpected favourite for me because I'm super sensitive to deodorant (especially natural ones) but this worked so well for me! It smells super fresh too!


h a i r c a r e



This collab made me add the Byredo Mojave Ghost perfume to my wishlist because it smells that good! I already loved the Ouai Leave-In Conditioner and this just made it even better!



A long time favourite because it's still the best dry shampoo I've tried! Smells good, doesn't leave a white cast and gets rid of oil easily!


This is easily the product that has made the most improvement in my hair! I'm someone who gets split ends really easily and since using this I literally don't have a single split end and its been 5+ months since I've gotten a haircut! So so good!


If your scalp gets itchy and irritated this is the product for you! I have seborrheic dermatitis and this helps so much to reduce itchiness!


This was another surprise favourite for me because I'm not someone who likes banana scents but this was really subtle and nice! The formula was also perfect for my fine + oily hair!


f r a g r a n c e



My all-time favourite fragrance! Smells like a hot summer day on the beach and expensive sunscreen.



This is a really pretty subtle fragrance! Smells like lavender and musk and is just super dreamy and a great affordable option!



This has similar vibes to Beach Walk but is slightly different (no sunscreen scent). Just a nice warm summery scent!

Discount Codes:

10% off Versed with code LILYYTAY10

10% off Amika with code LILYYTAY

15% off Fur with code TAYLOR


And that was all my skincare (+ haircare, body care & fragrance) favourites from 2021! Hopefully you get a chance to try some of them out and enjoy them as much as I did! I'm so excited to see what launches 2022 will bring! I'll also be posting my 2021 makeup favourites soon so stay tuned for that!

xx Taylor















Comments