best of 2021: makeup edition

 


I always get excited to share my yearly makeup favourites because makeup is just so much fun and makes me super happy! Even though I didn't wear makeup super often this year (because I still hardly leave my house) I still tried a lot of great products and experimented with  makeup a lot more this year! 

b a s e 


This was the year of the glowy bases for me and this product from Versed definitely started it for me! Gives the prettiest glow to the skin without the glitter! 



Another great glowy primer! This one is a lighter shade than the Versed one so I'm able to wear it all year round but it is slightly more glittery so more of a highlighter finish! Super pretty on the skin!


I love a light to medium coverage foundation and this one from Tower28 is perfect! Gives a really pretty skin-like finish and blends really nicely! (Please wear another spf underneath though because it isn't enough coverage on its own).


This was definitely an unexpected favourite for me because I usually find stick foundations to be too drying but this one makes your skin look so good! Highly recommend trying it out and I love that it can be used as both foundation and concealer.


This was my go-to concealer for this year because it just looks so nice and glowy under the eyes! Worth all the hype!


b l u s h


This in the shade Magic Hour is one of the prettiest blushes I've ever used! Super pigmented and creamy but easy to blend out!



This is such a unique blush! It's super liquid-y but turns into a powder when it dries down! I have the shade Cherub and it's the prettiest dusty rose shade! Highly recommend if you want to try something different!


h i g h l i g h t e r


An oldie but a goodie! This was one of the products I put on my project pan list this year so it was basically the only highlighter I used! I still haven't finished it yet but I do love using it so that's okay! Gives a really pretty glowy finish.


e y e s


I wasn't sure about this at first but now I can't stop using it! I'm still not a big fan of the matte shade but the shimmers make up for it cause they're absolutely gorgeous! Bluff is definitely my favourite shade and I hope they expand in the future!


I was super excited about this launch because I love pastels and I wasn't disappointed! The Plush Paints are my personal favourite because they're great for everyday and the matte eye pencils are super pigmented and pretty as well!



These were one of the best purchases I've made because of the amount of use I get out of them! I use them as eyeshadows and they're just super pretty and shiny! My favourite is 7daywknd / poolside!



The prettiest mascara I've tried this year! Makes your lashes look super long and full and the packaging is so nice and luxe!



Honorary mention goes to Glossier Colourslides because it's the perfect colourful eyeliner but sadly they've been discontinued :( Instead I've been testing out and loving the Little Twin Stars Eyeliner Set ($9.99) which is super pretty and affordable!


l i p s


This was my favourite Glossier launch of the year! It's my perfect lipstick formula aka sheer but buildable, comfortable with a glossy finish. I have it in like 5 different shades and they're all super pretty!


This is another great lip product from Fenty! It's a very similar formula to Glossier's Ultralip but it comes in different shades and I love them both! I'm obsessed with the shade Glazed!



I mentioned these in my skincare favourites but they're so good that I have to share them again! It's like a tinted lip oil so it's super comfortable and cushiony on the lips! It comes in 5 different shades that are all super pretty and subtle!

Discount Codes:


10% off Versed with code LILYYTAY10


And those were all my makeup favourites of 2021! Hopefully you enjoyed reading and found some new products to add to your list to try! I'm super excited to see what 2022 will bring in terms of makeup launches!

xx Taylor






















Comments

  1. I want to try merit beauty so bad!! Thanks for sharing, I love seeing other people's faves.

    https://skininformant.com/lets-talk-sustainable-skincare-how-to-be-a-responsible-consumer/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment