august favourites


Super cliche but I can't believe it's already the end of summer an I have to go back to University next week! I am definitely not ready to say goodbye to this warm weather because next thing I know it'll be exam season and snowing outside... But anyways, I pulled together a few things I've been loving this month and it's a pretty good mix of beauty items, clothing, and accessories! I ordered a few things from a Korean marketplace website which I'm super excited to share!


Starting off with an accessory, I got these super cute Nova Threaders from Mejuri and I have been wearing them nonstop all month! I love them because they're super lightweight (you literally can't feel them in your ears) and they're pretty subtle so they go with everything! Ps you can get 10% off your Mejuri order with my link here


Aritzia had their summer sale this month and I kind of went a little crazy with the sweaters. I would literally wear the whole Aritzia store if I could afford it but I'm a broke University student so I have to wait for the sales to stock up lol. One of the sweaters I got, TNA Perkins Sweatshirt in Neon Chartreuse , is still on sale online and I highly recommend! They're all super soft and comfy!


I placed a few orders on Kmall24 recently which is a Korean marketplace website that sells k-beauty, k-pop merch, and other Korean goods. I've been eyeing the brand 3CE for the longest time now and am so obsessed with their makeup! They have the cutest packaging so I finally ordered one of their Mood Recipe Lip Kits. All the lipsticks are a matte formula which isn't something I normally go for but I just top them with lip gloss and have been loving all the shades so much, especially #218 Mirrorlike and #219 Brilliant! 


I tried out the very hyped Dr Jart Shake & Shot Rubber Mask and I can officially say it's worth the hype! It was super fun to mix up the mask and I loved that it just peeled right off! I used the purify version and it left my skin super soft and plump! There was enough of the mask for my brother to use it as well although it has to be used right away or else it dries out. It is pretty pricy for a single-use mask but if you can get it for a lower price I would definitely recommend trying it out!


There have been two body products that I've been obsessed with this month and they are the French Girl Organics Body Glow Oil and the Bioderma Refreshing After-Sun Milk. They're both super hydrating and great to apply after a shower! I don't love the scent of the body glow oil but it leaves my legs super soft and glowy so I can look past it. The pump also broke on my oil so I've been having to pour it out to apply it which has been slightly annoying but oh well haha. The after-sun milk is supposed to prolong your tan which I can't speak too much on since I don't really get tan, but I love the texture of this! It really does feel super refreshing on the skin and the scent is incredible!


I'm a huge fan of Glossier's Lidstars so I was super excited to try out the Kaja Moon Crystal Eye Pigment since it seemed super similar! I have the shade luminary and it's a gorgeous champagne shade! While I do think the Kaja eye pigment is similar to Lidstar, the formulas are pretty different and it's probably what a lot of people were hoping Lidstar would be like! It's way more pigmented and can be built up in 2 layers to full opacity which is pretty nice! I love throwing this on for a super easy eyeshadow look and I definitely want to pick up some more shades!


I recently got a few items from Good Molecules in the mail and was super excited to test them out! Good Molecules is a similar brand to The Ordinary in terms of price point which I really like! Their Discoloration Correcting Serum caught my eye the most since I'm here for anything that will fade my acne scars! I've been using it for about two weeks now and have really been liking it! It has niacinamide which is one of my favourite ingredients and tranexamic acid to help promote an even skin tone. I haven't noticed a huge difference in my acne scars yet but these types of products can take over a month to show results so I'll definitely continue using it!


And that's everything I've been loving as of lately! I'm planning to post a dedicated review of all the Good Molecules products I have when I've had a chance to fully test them out so keep an eye out for that! I also want to post some more fashion/home decor related content so let me know if that's something you'd be interested in!

Xx Taylor



(some items were kindly gifted but all opinions are my own)



Comments

Post a Comment