a full review of ouai haircare


If you've ever scrolled through my Instagram, it's no secret that I'm ouai obsessed with Ouai Haircare. I post about them a lot but it's because I genuinely love and regularly use so many of their products! Up until a couple years ago I hated doing my hair. I naturally have super straight, fine and thin hair so it's pretty easy to just let my hair air dry and call it a day. I just couldn't be bothered to do anything to my hair until I started trying out good quality hair products. The first Ouai product I tried out was a sample of their Finishing Crème which I loved! From there the obsession started to grow and now we're here!

To start off I thought I'd talk a bit about Ouai's fragrances. All of their products are fragranced with one of four different scents: Melrose Place, North Bondi, Mercer Street, and Rue St Honoré. They used to sell all four as perfumes but now only Melrose Place and North Bondi are a part of their permanent collection.




This is my favourite of the four scents since it smells super beachy! 

Top Notes: bergamot, apple blossom, raspberry, italian lemon

Middle Notes: rose de mai, jasmine, violet

Base Notes: amber, sandalwood, white musk


I would describe this fragrance as a "millennial rose scent." It's very pretty and sophisticated.

Top Notes: champagne, pink peppercorn, berry, lychee

Middle Notes: peony, rose, freesia, jasmine, bergamot

Base Notes: amber, sandalwood, white musk, cedar-wood


Mercer Street

This is a very clean and fresh-smelling fragrance. It smells a lot like fancy soap and I love it!

Top Notes: orange, peony, italian lemon, iris, lily

Middle Notes: magnolia, turkish rose, jasmine sambac

Base Notes: white musk, iris


Rue St Honoré

I would describe this as a deep, sophisticated floral scent. Very Parisian.

Top Notes: violet

Middle Notes: gardenia, ylang-ylang

Base Notes: white musk


Dean Street

This smells like very fancy hotel soap in the best way (but in a different way than Mercer Street)!

Top Notes: citrus fruits, apricot, rose

Middle Notes: magnolia, muguet, violet

Base Notes: amber, liden blossom, musk


Shibuya

A very fresh and comforting scent. A very warm floral. 

Top Notes: mediterranean citrus, warm spices

Middle Notes: rose, violet

Base Notes: white musk




Smells like: a tropical vacation (coconut and pineapple)

Ouai came out with a (limited-edition?) body product for summer that I am super obsessed with! It has a cooling sensation, comes out as a foam and fizzes when rubbed into the skin. For ingredients, it has aloe leaf juice, rosehip oil and, cucumber extract! This really does feel super soothing and moisturizing so it was the perfect product to use after being out by the pool or at the beach. I would definitely recommend you pick this up before it's gone (if it actually is limited-edition?) and if it sounds like something you're interested in!




Smells like: Melrose Place

This oil is such a dream! I use it on both my hair and body and it's so so nice! I love a multipurpose product and am obsessed with how good this smells! The oil feels super moisturizing on the body and doesn't weigh my hair down. It leaves it super soft and shiny!




Smells like: Melrose Place

This is Ouai's newest product and I'm already in love with it! My hair is super thin and fine meaning it gets oily quickly so this has been saving my hair so much! It comes out of the can white but after rubbing it in I don't get any white residue in my dark hair plus it gives a nice amount of volume! I can't compare this to Ouai's other dry shampoos since I haven't tried them but I can say this might be my new favourite dry shampoo (or at least in the top two!)


Smells like: Melrose Place

I don't get an opportunity to use this product very often just cause I don't really regularly use hair spray. When I do use it though this is definitely my go-to! It doesn't leave any crunchy feeling in my hair and it really is super volumizing! It gives my fine hair a lot more body and thickness!



Smells like: North Bondi

My favourite duo from Ouai is definitely the Air Dry Foam and Wave Spray! My hair is naturally really straight and not the target of these products but I still love both of them! I apply the foam on to damp hair and it gives me really pretty natural-looking waves. It doesn't make them super defined looking but it helps quite a bit!


Smells like: North Bondi

Wave spray is the other half of the dynamic duo and is just as good as Air Dry Foam! They both smell incredible and Wave Spray just gives an extra boost to help define the little wave I can get! I spray this onto damp hair as well, after the foam, to help give me beachy looking waves. I definitely think it's better to use both of them on damp hair as they can dry a bit crunchy if used in dry hair. I would definitely recommend this duo especially if you have naturally wavy or curly hair!



Smells like: Melrose Place

This is a very pretty product! I never really knew I needed this in my life until I tried it! It really does give the hair and body a super pretty shine without being glittery at all! I don't think this is a need to have product from the brand but if you have dry skin or dull hair you might really like this! I think it's also great for special events or nights out!



Smells like: Rue St Honoré

This is my favourite Ouai product! My hair gets pretty frizzy and poufy on a regular basis so this stuff is a lifesaver! It's basically a cream that you use to smooth hair and define curls or waves! I seriously cannot recommend this stuff enough! I think it would work great for every hair type plus it smells incredible! It's just the perfect product for finishing touches!



Smells like: North Bondi

In the summer I don't like using conditioner cause my hair gets super oily really quickly so instead I'll use a leave-in conditioner to keep my hair hydrated and this one from Ouai is amazing! It leaves my hair soft and keeps it from getting frizzy. I also like to use this in the winter if my hair is feeling dry on the ends.


Smells like: Melrose Place

I love a good multi-use product and this one is no exception! I mostly use this on my body because my scalp doesn't really mesh well with scrubs but I love how gentle this is! The actual scrub is pretty fine but still leaves my skin feeling soft, plus it smells amazing!



Smells like: Dean Street

I'm not typically one to splurge on body care items but this and the moisturizer are worth it! They feel so fancy and smell incredible. This lathers up really nicely and never strips the skin. I like that it has probiotics and rose hip oil in it!


Smells like: Shibuya

This is what self care day dreams are made of! I just feel so calm and relaxed every time I use this cause it's so luxurious! The scent is almost spa-like and it feels so hydrating on the skin! I also like that it absorbs quickly so your legs aren't sticky all day.

And that's every Ouai product that I own reviewed! Hopefully you found this helpful and it gave you a little bit of insight into the brand! In terms of my top three product recommendations, I would say Finishing Crème, Super Dry Shampoo, and North Bondi fragrance although that's a very hard question!

I definitely would love to try more of their products in the future, especially their new shampoos and conditioners! Let me know what your favourite Ouai products are and what you recommend!

xx Taylor


(some products are gifted but all opinions are my own! some links are affiliate)















Comments