k-beauty skincare favourites

 


Korean skincare has been a huge part of my skincare routine for the past few years and is something that I always get super excited about! I love how affordable it tends to be and the focus on skin beneficial ingredients that work well with the classic 8-10 step routine. I'm excited to share my current k-skincare favs and some other Korean brands I've been loving lately!

C L E A N S E R S



I love a simple gentle cleanser so these two are perfect! The Rice Water Cleanser is a lot more foaming than I typically like but it never leaves my skin feeling tight and actually is super hydrating! The Cosrx Cica cleanser is the perfect amount of foam for my preference and just feels so nice on the skin, especially as a morning cleanser.

B O D Y  C A R E


SAIB & Co. is a new intimate cosmetics brand that is made by women for women with the goal of de-stigmatizing sexual health. Their products are packaged beautifully and discreetly which I really like! They're also the perfect size to throw in your bag for on the go and to keep with you at all times! I love the pink aesthetic and that this brand keeps women in mind when designing their products as a lot of intimate cosmetics brands are targeted towards men and aren't always the cutest products to carry around.

T O N E R S  &  S P F



Just like my cleansers, I've really been enjoying simple hydrating toners lately. These two are actually super similar cause they both have a very watery texture and soothing ingredients. 



I actually find that Korean sunscreens are usually way better formulated than US or Canadian sunscreens! They typically are spf 50+, don't have whitecasts and wear super nicely under makeup, which these two definitely fit! I love that these are both pretty hydrating and give a dewy finish to the skin which really helps to prep skin for foundation!

C A N D L E S


If you follow me on Instagram you probably already know about my love for Soohyang candles. I'm a sucker for anything with pink packaging that smells good which is exactly why I love this brand! I think the concepts behind each of their candles is super unique and very different from any other fragrance brand I've seen. They also do some really cute collaborations such as Too All The Boys I've Loved Before, Disney, and Crash Landing On You. My favourite candles are Itaewon 565 (a green floral) and Too All The Boys I've Loved Before (an oriental floral).

S E R U M S



This duo is incredible if you have sensitive skin! While using tretinoid my skin briefly got super sensitized and these two helped so much! They're super soothing and hydrating and really help to calm irritated skin. I didn't think I would like the Cica Powder cause it's an extra step but it's actually great to mix with other serums to make them thicker and to add a soothing ingredient.


If you're a fan of The Ordinary's more targeted minimal ingredient serums I think these ones from Cosrx are a great alternative! The Vitamin C Serum has been my favourite so far and has really been helping to brighten my acne scarring!



I've been a big fan of soothing serums and essences lately and these two have been staples in my routine! Both are great if my skin is feeling sensitized or dry to rehydrate and calm the skin.

M O I S T U R I Z E R S  &  E Y E  C R E A M




For the warmer months I really like to use gel-creams and lighter moisturizers so the Abib Hydration Gel and Keep Cool & Soothe Lotion have been so nice! Very soothing and hydrating but with a light texture. I'm excited to use the Cosrx Cica Cream more once it cools down a bit here since I'm a huge fan of the rest of the collection.


Saturday Skin is one of favourite skincare brands of all time and I've loved pretty much everything I've tried from them! I love that they're also easily accessible at Sephora. This moisturizer has been another great one for the summer since it's not too thick but still gives the perfect amount of hydration for nighttime!


This is one of the best eye creams I've ever used! Most brightening eye creams don't really work for me but this is the first one that I've actually noticed brightening effects from! I also have really sensitive eyes and this doesn't irritate them at all!


And those are all my current Korean skincare favourites! I would love to hear what your k-beauty favourites are as I'm always looking for more recommendations! I have a part 2 to this blog post coming soon sharing all my k-beauty makeup favourites so stay tuned for that!

Ps you can get 10% off your YesStyle order (where a lot of these products are available) with the code LILYYTAY!

(Some links are affiliate so I do earn a small commission if you choose to shop through them <3)







Comments