sephora sale recommendations: summer 2020


Sephora is having a little summer sale from Friday August 14th to Sunday August 23rd so I thought it might be helpful to share some of my Sephora favourites! The sale is $15 off when you spend $75 or $20 off when you spend $100 with the code WELCOMEBACK. Not the best deal ever but Sephora isn't really known for having good sales so anything is better than nothing at this point lol.

I sorted this into 3 categories: makeup, skincare, and body care (which includes fragrances and haircare), so hopefully you can find some new favourites!

M A K E U P



I don't think I could post a Sephora favourites without including Gloss Bomb because it might be my favourite makeup product of all time! It looks gorgeous on the lips, isn't too sticky and comes in so many gorgeous shades! My most worn shades are Diamond Milk, $weetmouth, and Fu$$y.


YSL always kills it with their lipstick formulas and this is my go-to currently. I really like these cause they give a really pretty glossy wash of colour to the lips! I like using these for the k-beauty gradient lip look by just focusing the colour in the centre of your lips! 


I think these are the Stila Glitter Shadows of 2020! They look so pretty and shimmery on the eyes but are still super easy to apply! They can be worn alone or on top of other shadows and I don't find that they crease at all on me. My favourite shades are Gleam Girl (a rose gold) and Smoked Glass (a warm bronze). 


These deserve all the hype that they get! They give such a gorgeous sheer wash of colour to the lips and come in some beautiful shades! I find that these last a long time since they sort of also work as a lip stain. I have the shades berry and coral glow which are both super pretty and wearable.


One of my favourite launches of the summer! I'm a big cream blush fan and don't remember the last time I used a powder blush tbh! These are creamy and easy to apply! They are pretty sheer but can be built up easily! Petal Poppin and Strawberry Drip are the shades I have, both of which I really like! Petal Poppin is so perfect for everyday and Strawberry Drip is really nice for summer!

S K I N C A R E



I think this might be the best moisturizer I've ever tried. It's definitely pricey but so so worth it! It's not too heavy or too light and actually sinks into the skin. It also feels very calming and soothing on the skin and helps a lot with irritation. I can use this in the summer and winter and I love that it also has no fragrance!


I love a good AHA toner and this one is great! It has a mix of glycolic and lactic acid which I find works really well for my skin. I know a few people found it to give them a bit of redness while using since it's quite strong but I haven't had that at all.


I've gone through two bottles of this because it's that good! It has prebiotic, probiotics, niacinamide and a lot of other amazing ingredients to help with brightening and to support and repair the skin's barrier! It also leaves the most gorgeous glow to the skin!


This is one of the only eye creams that I've actually noticed brightening effects from! It's hydrating but still lightweight and actually helps a bit with dark circles! I love that it has peptides and hyaluronic acid!


There's definitely a reason this is a cult classic! It's soo hydrating and feels really nice on the lips without being sticky! So perfect for super dry lips since it's very thick! I've tried the berry, vanilla and grapefruit scents and vanilla is my favourite! These last for forever so definitely a good value! I apply it every single night and I'm only just coming to the end of the one I started in 2018 lol. 


This is my most repurchased product ever I think and I've gone through countless bottles! I just love that it's simple, effective and inexpensive! Niacinamide helps with so many skin concerns and is my favourite skincare ingredient! Just fyi this does pill so I only use this at nighttime or when I'm not wearing makeup but I can deal with that cause I love the formula otherwise!


Like the YTTP Adaptogen Moisturizer, this is pricey but worth it! Acne is a constant struggle for me so I always have acne scarring to deal with. This serum works so well to help brighten dark spots and clear up hyperpigmentation! The texture is so nice and hydrating and wears well under makeup as well!

B O D Y  C A R E




A lot of you probably know about my love for Maison Margiela fragrances at this point haha but I had to include them! I wear Beach Walk and Lazy Sunday Morning almost everyday cause they both smell incredible! I definitely think fragrances are a great thing to pick up during the sale cause they're more of a splurge/treat yourself item and it's nice to be able to get a discount on them. I've been eyeing Springtime in the Park for my next fragrance!


I've been skipping conditioner in the shower most of the time this summer because I find it can weigh my hair down a lot so instead I've been using this leave-in conditioner from Ouai! It's hydrating and leaves my hair hydrated and soft without weighing it down! Plus it smells amazing (very beachy).



If you're looking for some great treat yourself products these two are definitely great for that! The formulas are very luxe and feel really nice on the body! Plus they smell so good! I like to describe the scents as fancy hotel products since they're unisex and very fresh/oriental.


This is the best dry shampoo! Smells great, no whitecast, and gets rid of all the grease! I also find that this doesn't really leave any build up in my hair which is great!


My fine hair gets greasy super fast, especially during the summer and this shampoo helps so much! It definitely keeps it grease-free for way longer and extends the time between washes which is very helpful! I've gone through at least 2 or 3 bottles of this already and it's my favourite shampoo I've tried!


Another great Amika product that helps to keep my scalp flake free and stop itchiness! I have seborrhoea and this stuff really helps to reduce my flair ups! Another product that I've gone through a lot of bottles of and will continue to repurchase!

And those are all my Sephora Sale Recommendations! Hopefully you found this helpful and found something new to try out! I'd love to know what you're planning to pick up at the sale!

xx Taylor

(Some links are affiliate so I do earn a small commission if you choose to shop through them <3)








Comments