best of 2019: makeup edition


Happy New Years everyone! If you're reading this then I finally found time to finish part 2 of my favourites of 2019 series! This part is focused on all the makeup I loved this year! Not all of them necessarily launched this year, just everything I got a ton of use out of and enjoyed using!



My favourite "foundation" of all time! Technically not a foundation since it's a ccc cream but it does have light-medium coverage that's pretty buildable! I just love how dewy and fresh this makes my skin look! And super easy to apply as well (I just use my fingers).


I have a love hate relationship with Skin Tint that's usually dependant on how well my skin is doing. During the summer I used this so much! It was so hot that I didn't want to wear anything heavy on my skin which is why Skin Tint was so perfect for that! It gives a nice glowy finish and a touch of coverage without feeling like you're wearing makeup!


One of the best Glossier products imo, and definitely my favourite concealer, is stretch concealer! The coverage is light but a little buildable. It gives the prettiest glowy finish to the skin without ever looking cakey or thick. I often wear this without any other foundation because it's amazing on it's own as well!


I'm pretty late to Wowder but I'm so glad I finally tried this out! It's the perfect powder for simple everyday makeup because it doesn't get cakey at all, just helps minimize shine! It is a tinted powder but I don't really notice that at all on my skin which is nice! It just kind of blends right in!



This had been on my wish list for so long to try out and I'm so glad I finally did! I have it in the shade Werk which is a dusty rose shade and it's so perfect for everyday! It's a very creamy and buildable formula which makes it super quick and easy to apply! I usually use my fingers to apply it just so that it doesn't pick up my foundation or concealer while I'm applying it.


I couldn't not include cloud paint on this favourites list because I wear it pretty much every day. I have five shades, puff, dusk, haze, beam, and storm and I really like all of them! Puff, dusk and beam are definitely my most worn blushes though! I love how easy they are to blend out and that they work great on the eyes and lips as well! Definitely a must-have from Glossier!


I love cream products, especially cream highlighters so I was very excited to try this one out and it didn't disappoint at all! It's kind of a cream to powder formula which works well! I think the shade b. enchanting works really well on my skin tone cause it's not too gold, just super glowy! There's also a new bronzy shade which would probably be great on darker skin tones! I've been using it as an eyeshadow and have really been liking it!


I used to not really like Haloscope all that much but near the end of the year I started to use it again and now I'm obsessed! I have it in the shade quartz which is a champagne shade that is just perfect for my skin tone! I think if you're looking for a super natural, glowy, "lit from within" highlighter, this is the one!



The mascara everyone and their mom uses now! It's really just the perfect fuss-free everyday mascara! While it doesn't give a ton of volume, it gives so much length and just makes your lashes looks so pretty and fluttery, never clumpy! Also, it's so easy to remove!


I was so curious about these eyeshadows when they launched because they sounded right up my alley and I was right! I have one in the shade globe which is a pretty bronze-champagne shade with glitter! The formula is super watery (and very easy to spill) but it makes the shadow super easy to blend out! It really is a shadow that only takes 10-seconds to apply!


Technically this is a highlighter but I bought it specifically to use as eyeshadow and have been loving it! I have the shade Girl Next Door/Chic Phreak which is very pinky-gold toned! These are so creamy that I basically just use my fingers to apply and I'm good to go!




I bought this eye gloss while I was in Chicago over the summer and wore it nonstop til September! It's in the shade fleshpot which is a gorgeous sheer colour with gold, pink and red reflects! While this does crease like crazy if worn over an eyeshadow, by itself it looks so stunning! Would highly highly recommend!


I rarely use powder eyeshadow anymore but when I do it's these ones from Etude House! Super inexpensive and they come in so many shades and different finishes! I have the shades PK013 Homemade Peach Gelato and PP506 Sweet Taro which are so great for layering under or over cream eyeshadows!


I'm pretty sure these have been on many of my favourites lists in the past but that's because I wear them almost everyday! I have the shades cub, lily and slip and they're all gorgeous! Slip and cub are super wearable and easy to use, perfect for everyday! Lily is a little harder to work with but I layer another purple shadow over top and it looks so good! These definitely helped me when I was still new to eyeshadow so perfect for beginners!



I love a tinted lip balm and sheer lipstick so it's only right that the Dior Lip Glows would be on my favourites list. I have them in the shades berry and coral and they're both gorgeous! They just give the prettiest sheer wash of colour while still being very hydrating! The new Dior Lip Glow Oils are definitely at the top of my wish list right now! 

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb $56 for the set, $24 individually

Lip gloss is a pretty big addiction for me and Gloss Bomb is the best lip gloss formula in my opinion! It's shiny has the perfect colour payoff without being too sticky. I'm obsessed with every shade she's come out with so far, especially the new colours in the Gloss Bomb set!


These lipsticks are from one of my favourite k-beauty brands, 3CE. Their packaging is stunning and their Instagram account just makes me want to buy everything. This lip kit is such a perfect mix of colours! They're all super wearable and pretty! It is a matte formula which I don't usually wear, but I just pop a gloss over top to make them more comfortable.


Glossier finally released two new shades of their lip glosses and I've never ordered something faster! This is the glossiest lip gloss formula I've tried and although it is pretty sticky, nothing compares to how good it looks on the lips! The new red and holographic shades are gorgeous and everything I was hoping for!


Everyone kind of freaked out when Lip Smudge released and for a very good reason! It's basically the formula we've all been wishing for from Glossier's Generation G lipsticks! Creamy, sheer but buildable, and matte but still comfortable! 



I also wanted to talk a bit about Glossier Play before ending this post! They were super hyped up before the launch and I feel like a lot of people were disappointed when they finally did launch and didn't end up ordering anything! I was super conflicted about whether I should place an order and finally decided to get The Playground (one of everything). I'm actually super happy I did because I ended up really enjoying everything! Niteshine is a very wearable highlighter and I actually enjoyed it more than Haloscope for a while! Vinylic Lip is such a gorgeous lip product! I have the shades Pony and Blow-Up which are both super pigmented and glossy! Glitter Gelée is super fun for holidays or a night out (I just wish it was bio-degradable glitter!) and Colorslide is a great eyeliner that comes in so many fun shades! 

And that's all the makeup products that I was obsessed with in 2019! Hopefully you found this helpful and might even have found some new products to try out! I would love to know what makeup products you loved in 2019!

xx

Ps you can get 10% off your first Glossier order here


(some products were gifted)






Comments