july favourites


I seriously cannot believe that it's August already and summer is almost over. On one hand, I'm kind of excited to go back to school and get back into a productive routine but I also don't want summer to end since it has been super relaxing and a much-needed break. 

July for me was all about sticking to products that I know work for my skin because I've been having such a good skin month! I went away to Chicago for a few days and was fully prepared to deal with the pimples that arose while being on the airplane. To my surprise, I came back with skin that looked better than when I left! Since then, I've stuck to my routines and only introduced a few new skincare products which I'll share!



I noticed I've been super sensitive to fragrance in skincare lately when it comes to the products I'm using. If something is too heavily scented it tends to give me a headache. I decided to switch out my nighttime moisturizers for this one from Versed since it is unscented and it's made such a big difference! I've reviewed this product before but to sum it up it leaves my skin so plump and dewy! Plus it's super affordable!



I ended up incorporating two new eye creams into my routine this month, the first being Bubblewrap from Glossier. You might be wondering "why two eye creams?" but they both give very different results! Bubblewrap is a very hydrating eye cream. Like it claims, it is very plumping to both the lips and under the eyes which I love for the morning! It has a super lightweight texture that absorbs quickly making it great to use under makeup. My only complaint is that it doesn't brighten my (very intense) dark circles at all which is where the second eye cream comes in!



This is one of the first eye creams that has actually helped to make a noticeable difference in my dark circles! I had kind of given up on finding a brightening eye cream that worked for me but I'm so glad I tried this one! I like to use it at nighttime because it is a thicker gel consistency. It also has a slight citrus scent that is only noticeable upon application but quickly fades. Definitely pretty pricey but the minis in their sets are a pretty good value!



I've been spending a lot of time outside lately around the pool and at the beach, reapplying sunscreen every couple hours of course! Ouai's limited edition summer product has been so so perfect! It's a foam that fizzes when you apply it and it has a cooling sensation that is very soothing for the skin! It has aloe and rosehip oil which help to moisturize plus it smells like coconut!



I was so excited to see Glossier come out with new shades of their lip gloss cause it really is one of the best lip glosses! They're moisturizing, shiny af, and I feel like the new shades aren't as sticky as the OG! They also got rid of the original scent which I'm kind of sad about but they're super pretty so that makes up for it! I think the red shade might be my favourite although holographic is a close second! The red is pretty sheer so if you're looking for something bold maybe avoid this or try layering it over a red lip. 



I've had two go-to perfumes this summer, both from Maison Margiela's Replica collection. Beach Walk is such a staple for me! I wear it all year round cause I just think it's a really special fragrance! It smells exactly like a beach in all the right ways! No artificial coconut. Just sunshine and fancy sunscreen!


For some reason I feel like no one knows about these Filters from Maison Margiela which is crazy cause they're amazing! Glow is similar to Beach Walk although it smells a bit more warm and citrusy! The filters are super interesting because they were created to be layered with other fragrances to enhance the scent. I tend to wear it alone most often because it smells amazing by itself! If you've been wanting to try out the Replica fragrances but don't want to spend $$$ definitely check out the filters because they are just as good IMO!



Last but definitely not least, my favourite product discovery of the month, eye gloss. I picked this up while in Chicago and wasn't too sure how much use I would get out of it but I've literally worn it every time I've put on makeup since returning. It gives such a gorgeous glossy finish to the eyes that I am so obsessed with! Definitely the ultimate summer makeup product! My only complaint is that it does crease really badly if wearing eyeshadow underneath but I feel like every eye gloss does that. I'm definitely going to be picking up the new Elf eye gloss to see how it compares!


And that's pretty much everything I've been loving lately! I'm excited to test out some new products in August as I've almost emptied a few staples in my skincare routine! Let me know here or on Insta what products you've been loving!

(some products were gifted, some links are affiliate)






Comments