april movie recommendations

Movies are one of my favourite things so I am constantly searching for new and interesting things to watch. I thought I'd share some of my favourites from recently! 

1. J'ai Tué Ma Mère


A French Canadian film about the strained relationship between a boy and his mother. If you haven't seen any of Xavier Dolan's films this is a good one to start with!

2. And While We Were Here


A couple struggling with their relationship go on vacation to Italy and what happens someone new comes into the picture. Every scene in this movie is absolutely gorgeous and I love everything about it.

3. Tanner Hall


A group of girls attending a private school and what kind of trouble they manage to get up to. If you like this movie you might also like  Private School which is an iconic 80's movie.

4. The Dreamers


Quite possibly the coolest french film ever even though most of it is in english. If you like independent films you'll love this one. 

5. Beira Mar (Seashore)


I love this movie so much even though the story line is so confusing and vague. I just really love character relationships and that's what this movie focuses on. Also, it's in Portuguese which I thought was cool.

6. Departure


This is the movie I've watched most recently and I just really loved it because it has a mix of english and easy to understand french. Also, the story is really good and the scenes are just really pretty.

7. Les Amours Imaginaires


Another Xavier Dolan film because he just makes amazing movies. This one's about a friendship between a boy and girl and what happens when they both fall for the same guy.

8. Hollidaysburg


This movie is just super cute and funny. I found it super interesting not because it's a super interesting movie or anything but because it's about a group of college kids trying to figure out their lives and that's what I'll be doing in the fall.


(Disclaimer: I do not own any of the above photos)

Comments